Dispel performance anxiety
Learn to play through mistakes
Take a gracious bow
Enjoy the moment!
In accordance with UK Government guidance
Open Piano Platforms (OPP) are suspended until circumstances allow
The Open Piano Platform (OPP) is a regular informal performance opportunity for pianists. It is open to any pianist, young or old, beginner or diploma student. Our venue is the attractive, light and welcoming St Francis’ Church in Bedminster
(278 North St, Bristol BS3 2AN), home of the ‘Lunchtime Live’ concert series.
Open Piano Platform participants perform a piece of their choice on a grand piano in front of a friendly audience of friends and family. Participants pay £1 to play. Friends and family are welcome to come and listen without charge. Teas, coffees and biscuits are available for a small charge.
Among the benefits of performing are:
- Anticipation of performance can help pianists to practise more often and more effectively
- Being inspired and motivated by watching other performers and hearing other pieces
- Gaining a sense of pride and boosted self-esteem from seeing a period of intense preparation through to a conclusion
- Developing confidence in your ability to perform both socially and for graded assessments
- Regular performance helps dispel performance anxiety and teaches players to play through mistakes, take a gracious bow and (eventually!) to enjoy the moment.
The next Open Piano Platform (OPP) will start at 10am on Saturday March 21st Contact Daniel Lloyd if you, or a pianist you know, would like to perform a piece of their choice on a grand piano, in front of a friendly audience of friends and family. Participants pay £1 to play. Friends and family are welcome… Read more
Enter your email and ‘subscribe’ to receive notification of the next Open Piano Platform